My Slideshow

Friday, August 5, 2011

Whiting Overlook Park

This is my first attempt at a Blog and my skills at putting my thoughts into words for lack of better terms SUCKS!!!  But anyway here I go...
I saw a post on the Chippewa Nature Center's Facebook page about American White Pelicans being at Dow's cooling ponds.  So I packed up my camera and took my daughter over to the Whiting Overlook Park on Poseyville Road.  This is one of my first attempt at taking wildlife pictures with my new camera, but I meet some great people while I was down there and learned a lot from them.  Kudos to Audrey A. Diadiun and David Springe for the pointers you gave me.  I got some great photos as you can see here.  I was never able to get any good shots of the pelicans but I did get some good shots of eagles.  I am planning a hiking trip to Chippewa Nature Center this weekend so there should be more to follow.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment