My Slideshow

Monday, August 22, 2011

Bowman Lake

So I went on my backpacking trip to Bowman Lake.  This was to be an 2.5 mile easy overnight trip.  I was planning on light hike, set up camp, do a little fishing, chill out in front of a campfire and relaxing nights sleep.  Let's just say I did set up camp but that is about it.  This was the hardest 2.5 miles I have ever done.  Once I set up camp I could not do anymore.  The hike kicked my ass.  I did take a few pictures in the first mile or so but after that all I cared about was setting up camp and going to sleep.  I woke up to thunder and lightning in the distance and seeing as how I knew the way out was going to be as hard as the way in, I opted to just pack up and hump my "out of shape" ass back to the truck.  As the storm started to hit I decided to take a short cut by taking the road. BAD IDEA!!!  When I got about half way back I was on a metal bridge and the storm let loose.  This had to be the scariest storm I was ever in with know where to go standing in the middle of a metal bridge soaking wet.  But I am alive and have a couple of pictures to share.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment